LiveTecs: Privacy Statement
Revised March 1, 2007
LiveTecs.com has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: LiveTecs.com. We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect to make your visits to LiveTecs.com more enjoyable and valuable. We do not reveal, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others, unless LiveTecs has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of LiveTecs or LiveTecs.com;
- Enforce the Terms Of Service;
- Act to protect the interests of its members or others.
If you ever want to change your preferences for receiving information, please go to your membership profile and change your profile to change your preferences.
What information do we collect?
- When you sign up to become a member of LiveTecs.com we collect your name & limited contact information which is used for the proper and efficient functioning of the applications you would use. Further, we collect some optional information to be able to properly serve our user community in building applications that would help you save time and money.
- When we introduce new features, such as newsletters, discussion lists, on-line chat, shopping or opt-in e-mails, we may ask for additional information that you do not necessarily have to provide. You may at any time modify your member profile.
- LiveTecs.com use what we call “cookies” to store member email address. Cookies allow us to both store and retrieve login email address through a user’s browser. Our web server identifies the user’s cookie for login purposes only. If for some reason you would rather not take advantage of the benefits made possible with cookies, most browsers allow you to reject cookies or to choose which cookies to accept.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. In the future, your IP address would be used to help identify you and your shopping cart during the session. Also, in the future, IP addresses could be logged to track a user’s session. This gives LiveTecs.com an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.
How do we use information we collect?
We provide opt-in e-mails, and in the future, newsletter, and discussion lists, only to those members who indicate they would like to receive such e-mails. We never send unsolicited e-mail, other than a very limited number of notices regarding your membership status or administration. You may at any time modify your member profile to stop receiving newsletters, discussion lists, opt-in e-mails, or other direct communications.
We never sell, rent or lend your e-mail address to third parties.