Billing managers can create invoices and can also check the previous records of the invoice by navigating to the [Billing] > [Invoice Management] menu on the top left.
Adding New Invoice:
To add new invoice:
- Click on [Billing] in top menu.
- Click on [Invoice Management].
- Click on [Add] button to add new Invoice.
- Click on [Generate Invoice] button.
- In the Invoice Information screen that appears, select:
- Select the [Client Name] from the list (to whom you want to make the invoice).
- In order to create invoice for a single project, select [Project] from the list. Keep it as “All” if you want to create invoice for all projects for a client.
- Enter the date range in [Billing Cycle Start Date] and [Billing Cycle End Date] (period to be billed).
- Click on the [Populate Un-billed Records] to populate all un-billed time and expense entries in invoice for the given date range.
- Click on [Update] button to update the record.
- Click on [Update Time Entry and Expense Entry as Billed] once you finished creating your invoice. This will update all time and expense entries as “Billed” in database in order to avoid duplicate invoicing of same data.
- In [Time Expense Invoice List], click on [Edit] link of record which you want to modify.
- Update your required modification in [Invoice information] form.
- Click on [Update] to update this record.
- In [Time Expense Invoice List], click on [Delete] link of record which you want to delete.
- Click on [Yes] on delete confirmation dialog.
- Click on [Print] link to print your invoice. Invoice can be exported to PDF or XLS on print page using export option available.
- Invoice use company logo which is uploaded in [Admin Options] —> [Preferences].
Updating Time and Expense Records as Billed:
- At the end of finalizing the invoice, you need to mark ”Billed” for the time & expense records included in the current invoice to prevent double invoicing of already billed entries.
- Navigate to [Invoice Management].
- Click on [Edit] link of record which you want to modify.
- Click on [Update Time Entry and Expense Entry Records As Billed] to make all time & expense entries ”Billed”.
- [Billed] status of time entry records and expense entry records can be changed from [Billing] — [Time Billing Worksheet] and [Billing] —>
[Expense Entry Worksheet].