TimeLive reports are generating using pre-defined report data-sources. From these data sources, the user can select/deselect columns which they want to be showed in reports. The user can also define grouping, different summarized functions and custom formulas on all available Datasource columns.
These are the report Datasource currently available in TimeLive.
- Employee Time Off Audit Report
- Employee Time Off Details
- Employee Time Off Summary
- Expense Entry
- Expense Entry Approval Activity
- Expense Sheet
- Expense Sheet Audit Trail
- External Users
- Missing Time Entry Period
- Project Task
- Project Team
- Time Entry
- Time Entry Approval Activity
- Time Entry Period
- Time Entry Periodic Submission
- Time Off Request
- TimeLive Invoice
- Timesheet Audit Trail
Report Designer Steps:
TimeLive Report Designer consists of 3 important wizard steps. Following are the name of steps and a brief description of every step:
Step 1: Report Description
For defining report name, report icon, report category and report type (detailed or consolidated).
Step 2: Report Datasource Selection
Different Datasource contains some similar fields but most of the unique ones related to its Datasource to generate the required report.
A user can Edit existing Report or can create a new report through this Wizard page according to the requirements.
Following are the list of actions can be performed in this Wizard Page,
- Can select/ de-select Datasource column from the report as per requirement.
- Can give different Caption for each field according to organization’s terminology.
- Can Group single or multiple fields to extract complex reports. (EmployeeName is grouped in below screenshot)
- Can select group summary type (sum, count) etc for each report column.
- Formula Fields (see Formula Column Syntax) and Custom Fields (if defined under Admin Options > Custom Fields see Custom Fields) can be added to extract more customized report.
Step 3: Column and Group Ordering
The last page of Report Wizard, there are two tables. Both tables play a crucial part in generating the report according to the requirements.
- Column Order: Allows the user to set the order of fields in which report view is required. Topmost field will be the first column of the report and the last Field in the order will be the last column of the report.
- Group Order: If on the second page, Group check is enabled in any field, those fields will be visible in this table. That too can be sorted according to the requirement.
In below screenshot, Employee Name was grouped to view Report according to Employee name then the date which is the first field of Column order.